Annual Conference 2011
f40 staged an extremely successful annual conference to coincide with the ending of the government’s consultation on School Funding.
The conference was held on 17 October 2011 at Local Government House in London.
Click here to view a transcript of the conference proceedings.
The main speaker was Sarah Healey, Director of the Education Funding Group at the DfE. She explained how the government aims to achieve a fairer and more transparent funding system. Slides used by Sarah during her presentation can be viewed here
Other presentations included:
- ‘Education Funding-the East Riding perspective’ – Cllr Julie Abraham, Lead Member for Children & Young People, East Riding of Yorkshire Council View slides
- ‘Is it Fair?’ – Cllr Jane Potter, Cabinet Member – Education and Skills, Worcestershire County Council View slides
- ‘The value of Federation’ – Cllr Christine Channon, Cabinet Member – Schools & Learning, Devon County Council View slides
- ‘Governors’ responses to a national funding formula’ – Emma Knight, Chief Executive, National Governors’ Association
- ‘Confused@’ – Bill Simmonds, Chief Executive, National Association of Business Managers View slides
- ‘The future of funding’ – Mike Heiser, Senior Adviser Finance, Local Government Association View slides
- ‘The role of Councils in Education & Children’s Services’ – Cllr David Simmonds, Chair LGA Children and Young People Board, Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Education and Children’s Services, Hillingdon Council View slides
- ‘The range and scale of differences in funding within and between local authorities…and the lack of reward for success’ – Chris Harrison, President, NAHT
- ‘Closing remarks and thanks’ – Robin Walker MP for Worcester
Following the conference a news release was issued to the regional and national media.