As part of the process in responding to the Government’s Fair Funding Consultation, f40 has undertaken comprehensive work on its own fair funding formula proposals.
These proposals were given to the Department for Education as part of f40’s consultation response.
There are three documents that make up f40’s formula development work. These can be accessed below.
- The Narrative – a short report explaining how f40 has tackled its formula work
- The spreadsheet – a detailed analysis by school, by constituency and by Local Authority area (37Mb*)
- MPs’ Briefing paper circulated to MPs in advance of a meeting held in Parliament on 10 July 2017. This highlights the important messages and detail of f40’s proposals.
- The PowerPoint presentation at the MP’s meeting.
*Large file size due to document containing calculations for 23,000 schools.
On 17 July 2017 the Secretary of State for Education, The Rt Hon Justine Greening MP, made an announcement in Parliament that additional funding of £1.3 billion for schools and high needs across 2018-19 and 2019-20, in addition to the schools budget set at Spending Review 2015. This means that the total schools budget will increase by £2.6 billion between 2017-18 and 2019-20 and per pupil funding will be maintained in real terms for the remaining two years of the Spending Review period.
- Read the full announcement here.
- Read f40’s news release issued as a reaction to the announcement here.
- On 21 August 2017 f40 wrote to the Secretary of State highlighting the group’s desire to see a shift in the percentage allocation between core funding and ‘add-ons’. Read the letter here.
On 14 September 2017 the Secretary of State for Education made a statement on the detail of the new national fair funding formula.
- Read the full statement here.
- F40 issued a statement in response to the announcement and it can be read here.
F40 will be considering the details of the announcement and checking on the implications for schools across its member authorities. We will add additional information as soon as possible.