FMRT development meetings
f40 has been working on proposals for a new school funding formula. It established the Finance Managers Research Team, consisting of specialist finance managers from member local authorities, to develop new formula proposals that the government should consider.
Click the dates to see notes of the team’s meetings:
- 29 March 2016
- 27 January 2016
- 28 October 2015
- 6 July 2015
- 8 October 2014
- 2 September 2014
- 21 July 2014
- 5 June 2014
- 6 November 2013
- 27 August 2013
- 18 June 2013
- 24 April 2013
- 20 December 2012
The next meeting of FMRT is scheduled for 12 January 2017.
The work initially resulted in a paper “Towards a National Funding Formula for Schools: the f40 Perspective“, which was ratified by f40’s Executive Committee on 28 September 2013, and was supplied to the Schools Minister and the Department for Education.
Meetings were held with the Funding Team at the Department for Education on:
Briefings were staged for MPs at the House of Commons on 3 February and 14 July 2015. Both events were very well attended.
14 July 2015
3 February 2015
Back bench parliamentary debates
- Back Bench Debate in Westminster Hall on (Thursday 5 November 2015)
- View the Hansard report on the debate (Tuesday 10 March 2015)
- View the Parliamentary TV broadcast
Government meetings / Correspondence
- Letter from f40 to Secretary of State about High Needs Spending Pressure – 22 September 2016
- Letter from f40 to Secretary of State requesting uplift in funding in 2017-18 for poorest authorities in the light of the delay to implementing fair funding – 10 August 2016
- Response from Secretary of State – 26 July 2016
- Letter from f40 welcoming the appointment of new Secretary of State – 15 July 2015
- Letter dated 2 November 2015 from f40 Chair Ivan Ould to Education Secretary Nicky Margan.
- Letter dated 20 October 2015 to the Prime Minister signed by 111 Members of Parliament
- Response dated 28 October 2015 from Education Secretary Nicky Morgan to Neil Carmichael MP
- Letter dated 16 September 2015 from Neil Carmichael MP, Chair of the Education Select Committe to Education Secretary Nicky Morgan
- Meeting with Sam Gyimah MP, Minister for Education & Childcare – 18 June 2015
- Letter from Nicky Morgan MP, Secretary of State for Education – 3 June 2015
- Meeting with Nick Gibb MP, Education Minister – 4 March 2015
- Letter from Nicky Morgan MP, Secretary of State for Education – 29 August 2014.
- Secretary of State’s response to f40’s letter of 27 January 2014
- f40 letter re Deprivation and NFF consultation to Secretary of State 27 January 2014